Since I joined JANGYU Toastmasters, I always tried to handle with social problems. Tonight, I’d like to tell you my stories about Jangyu to...

The Final Speech

Since I joined JANGYU Toastmasters, I always tried to handle with social problems. Tonight, I’d like to tell you my stories about Jangyu toastmasters meeting.

I remember when I first met Jayson. I believe meeting him was like an accidental. The first time I saw him was his post on FACEBOOK. He said “Hello. My name’s Jayson and I live in JANGYU”. As soon as I saw his post, I decided to send him a message. After that, we started to do a language exchange meeting. It didn’t go well, but our determination and commitment to meet once a week for half of a year has resulted in me gaining much confidence in English, so I want to thank you for that.

I remember my first speech in JANGYU TOASTMASTERS. It was cold night in 2014. In order to give a speech, I tried to memorize the script and learn gestures from YOUTUBE. On the day of my speech, there were six members sitting chairs. When I started to say first sentence, I kept stumbling over my words and sweated profusely, because I was very nervous. As soon as I finished my speech, I realized that I was completely drenched in sweat. Every member said it was great speech, but I felt disappointed with my first speech. The result was not good, but this speech was the most memorable speech in my life.

I remember MICHAEL’S good-bye party. That was first time I received an invitation from non-Korean. At a party, I was the only native-Korean speaker. That time, I couldn’t say anything at all. Because all people spoke English very fast like a BBC hard talk. I was very busy translating their words into Korean while people were talking to each other. But For me, it was good opportunity to get to know how my English level and their cultures were.

Some of you must remember the infamous night at Mario’s bar in Naewae Dong. Gratte who was member in jangyu toastmasters, was serenading us with his guitar concert while jayson was making trips to and from the bar, to re-fill the bottles of soju that we were drinking, so fast.. Jayson magically arrived at a 찜질방, I got sick and scott took me my apartment doorstep with a driver. That experience made me decided to not go to bar in Naewae dong again.

I remember a lot of things from the various toastmaster meetings.
In JANGYU-TOASTMASTERS, giving various speeches and opinion made me gain much confidence in my English and expand my minds. I believe joining JANGYU toastmasters made me what I am. 
Is there anyone who remember what bucket list was. Last year, I told you that one of my bucket lists was working abroad, like you all. Today, I’d like to say this. I completed this.
After two months, I’ll go to the United States, Manhattan to work as system engineer.

Again, I’d like to thank everyone.
Thank you.

0 개의 댓글: